Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014

I decided to make a new year's resolution this year although I don't really do that normally. It is something just for me and intended to make sure I am happy. It goes:

Do more of what makes you happy!

To me that means more sewing, crochet and other creative and crafty stuff. So... I found this fun crochet blanket challenge on Instagram and decided to take part. It is called Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 and the idea is to crochet one square per day or per week with a colour describing your mood and at the end of the year you will end up with a blanket! I committed to crocheting a minimum of one big square or four mini ones per week and I can make more if I feel productive. This is what I have done so far.


I am using only pure wool for this blanket and will use up my stash first. No doubt I will have to go shopping as well during the year but I'll be ok for now. Here is a quick look at my stash and the colours that can be expected at the start.


I am very excited and can't wait to add to my blanket! I have also made another craft related unofficial new year's resolution which includes getting rid of as much of my stash wool and fabrics as possible and to finish most of my WIPs (Work In Progress). Let's see how we go. I will try to add a WIP list on the blog as well soon just to keep myself up-to-date on all I have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment