Monday, March 17, 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket - week 11


This week I managed to crochet two squares which complete the third row of my blanket. Or complete at least so far; I'm beginning to think I might have to make the blanket a bit wider but that remains to be seen later during the year.

The first square was inspired by Sarah Wilson's new book I Quit Sugar for Life which I bought and already love although I had only started to look through the recipes at this point. My favorite quote in the book is "You can't unlearn this", meaning once you learn about what sugar (or fructose) does to our bodies and health you will always remember that which makes it easier to choose healthier alternatives.


The second square, yellow and white, is for all the inspiration that has been buzzing in my head this week. I've been inspired by all these beautiful crochet blanket projects, pixel blankets especially. This has lead to me starting yet another blanket although I have several in progress. This week alone I have worked on three different ones!


Above the yarn for my first pixel blanket and below some ideas for the second one. Yarn for the second one is still at the shop, this is just for inspiration and to consider. I'm not giving myself permission to buy before the first blanket is ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment